Celebrate Safe @ Kingsday 2016
Get ready to celebrate the orange holiday with the ‘Dutchies’.
It is hysterical and spectacular and you don’t want to give up halfway because you are not feeling well, sick or lost.
Check out our 10 tips to Celebrate Safe:
- Enjoy every moment, please take care of each other and make sure this will be an event you will never forget!
- Be at your best by making sure you eat healthy the day before and start the day with a good breakfast.
- Make sure you have some healthy things at home, your Airbnb flat or hotel room.
- Check the weather forecast. You know how it is with an April day.
- Take it easy. Do not start boozing to hard during King Night or King’s Day in the morning. If you do, it will soon be over and out. That would be such a waste.
- And remember; alcohol can make you loose control, with the result that pretty embarrassing things can happen … so even innocent flirting could get out of hand. Do it safe and always stick to your own limits.
- Is King’s Day one of those special occasions when you might also use other drugs? Inform yourself, check our information with the latest updates on the Dutch drug market and test it!
- During King’s Day there’s limited public transport. Therefore, plan your journey in advance.
- It will be busy and chaotic and the chances are that you’re not able to use your phone so make appointments with your friends and plan a good meeting point, just in case.
- Are you, a friend or a fellow partygoer not feeling well? Ask personnel, security or police for the nearest first aid or call the emergency number 112! They are there to help you and you won’t get fined or prosecuted for drug use.
BONUS tip: Planning to Celebrate in Amsterdam? Be alert for street dealers! The stuff they sell contains anything from washing powder to very dangerous substances and they can be intimidating and violent.
Check out this video en find more info on this website (in different languages).