Heatwave & Party: The do’s and don’ts
Wow, the weather in the Netherlands is fantastic at the moment, and the forecasts are even better! It’s really important to be well prepared for a party during a heat wave. We’ve summed up the six most important do’s and don’ts for you guys:
- We use a lot of body moist in these temperatures, especially when we’re dancing. There is a risk of overheating. Because of that, it’s very important to drink enough water. In case you’re using MDMA or XTC, drinking too much water can be dangerous. In that case we recommend to drink one to two glasses of water every hour. Watch this video for more information.
- Once in a while, take a break from dancing. Look for a quiet spot and eat something. This wil help to recover your salt and energy levels.
- Don’t wear clothes that are too tight; it’s important that your body can ventilate in heat. A cap is a good protector from the sun, but not always the best choice because your head needs to release the warmth. A good alternative is to wet your cap to cool off your head.
- Alcohol and drugs influence the temperature regulation and moisture balance in your body. Don’t push your boundaries, especially in this type of weather.
- If the sun is shining, please use enough sunscreen with a factor that matches your skin type. Repeat every couple of hours.
- Please go to the first aid if you’re not feeling well, the social workers there are your best friends.