The narcotic effect of heroin can cause breathing to stop completely. Overdose users appear pale and limp, breathe shallow or not at all, sometimes foam at the mouth and may vomit or have seizures.
Overdose – too high a dose and possibly fatal, can happen to a user if he:
- Is a new user that is not used to the strength.
- Stops for a while and takes this ‘regular’ dose again.
- Uses aldulterated heroin.
- Uses heroin that’s stronger than he thought.
- Combines several drugs.
- Uses in case of fatigue or low resistance.