Dissociation describes the separation of body and mind.
This can present with the following effects:
- The feeling that your hands no longer belong to your body
- Your sense of touch is altered, with skin feeling as if it were made of wood, rubber or plastic.
- Body parts feel much bigger or smaller than they actually are
- Losing sense of where your limbs are
- The density of your body decreases, feeling as if it ‘dissolves’ in your environment
- No longer being able to differentiate between whether a limb is your own or someone else’s
- Feeling like the mind is in a different dimension than the body
- Out-of-body experience
- Visual hallucinations (especially with eyes closed) and altered perception of time, insights into the cosmos, existence and being are also frequently mentioned by users.