How do you prepare for a psychedelic experience?
There are many things you can do in advance to make your experience with trip drugs as pleasant as possible. The most important thing is to get a good set and setting and to know what’s in your drugs.
To start with the latter, the drug:
- Read about the drug.
- Get your drugs tested if possible or use reagents to find out what is in your drug.
- Make sure you have decided on a dose beforehand and weighed it in advance.
- Please do not combine drugs. For example, a joint can fall differently faster than if you smoke a joint sober. A fun trip can then quickly turn into a difficult experience.
- Make sure you feel as good mentally.
- Make sure you have time off from work the day before, during and after your trip experience, so that you can start in a relaxed mood and not worry about things you have to do the next day.
- Make sure you have enough to drink and eat. If a trip (eg LSD) takes a long time, you want to have all the food ready in advance.
- Ginger tea can help with nausea.
- Make sure you have good trip buddies and a trips sitter.
- You can discuss in advance with your trip buddies what you expect and want from the trip. Also discuss what you can do if things are not going so well with someone.
- Provide a relaxed environment, for example by adjusting lighting and being able to lie down comfortably.
- Turn off your phone. You don’t want to suddenly get a call from work or your mother while tripping!
- You can make some playlists in advance to listen to while tripping.
- It can be nice to have simple activities to do while tripping, such as drawing.